- HOIAN TRANSPORTS
- HOIAN LOCAL TOURS
- DELUXE GROUP TOUR
- VIETNAM TOURS
Come to the Hai Scout Café at 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street to meet the Chef. Firstly, we will have a first lesson of buying typical Vietnamese ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later. After the market visit, you board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life. Hoian Cooking Class half day was built by Hoi An Locals for whom don’t have much time in Hoi An.
We start Hoian Cooking Class at 8.15am. Enjoy welcome drink at Hai Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street) – our meeting point. Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – the Red Bridge chefs first demonstrate each dish before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat what we have cooked.
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 meter swimming pool – towels and showers provided.
PRICE IN VND PER PERSON: 770,000VND
– Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Scout Café.
– Welcome drink (non-alcoholic), and 1 water at Red Bridge.
– Local English speaking tour guide and chef.
– Boat trip.
– Cooking demonstration and lunch.
– All recipes and notes.
– Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
– Free use of the new Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
– Taxis are available back to town / beach area for around US$3-4 per car.
– Full payment is required at the time of booking – no refunds.
– No child prices.
– Cooking tour operates everyday of the year (08:15am to 01:00pm).
– Tour is conducted in English.
– Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
– Price for private tour:
5 – 8
– Rice paper (making)
– Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
– Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs, Bean Sprouts & a Peanut Sauce
– Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
– Quang Nam Style Fresh Noodles with Chicken
– Food Decoration – Pineapple Boat, 3 Coloured Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Fresh Vegetables (not included in the demonstration).